Dearborn Public Library loves to receive donations! We are so grateful for our patrons’ generosity!
We have 4 ways for people to donate :
- Friends –Donations can be made to Friends of the Library-Dearborn directly, or donors can become members and support the library with their time as well.
- Dearborn Library Foundation
- City of Dearborn – checks or cash mailed into Administration and designated as Library donations. Click here for address.
- Book Sale – Purchases at the library book sale contribute to the library directly.
We accept gently-used donations of:
Books on Tape/CD
We do not accept:
Computer books older than 5 years
Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Stuffed animals
- Craft Materials
- Moldy, damaged, mildewed, materials in poor condition
All locations accept donations during regular library hour. Ideally, large donations can be dropped off during FOLD Book Sale hours.
HFCL accepts donations in Administration Monday – Friday 9:30-5:00pm. Donations during evening and weekend hours can be brought to the Reference desk on the 2nd floor.
Donations can also be brought directly to Bryant Branch or Esper Branch during regular library hours.
** Please Note that the library does not guarantee that any materials donated will end up in the collection.**