The Garden Club Appoints Committee to Establish a Library
The Garden Club of Dearborn, meeting at the home of Mrs. Henry Ford, appoints a committee (consisting of Miss Cara Snow and Mrs. E.R. Bryant) to initiate a movement for the establishment of a public library in Dearborn.
A furnished room in the VIllage Hall supplied with thirty-five magazines, opens as a reading room in early March 1921. High school student, Miss Carrie Carlton, acts as the attendant.
Village Hall Library Circulates First Books
The library continues as a reading room while books are selected and purchased. The first registrations and circulation of books are made on June 8, 1921. Mr. Earl E. Hole was the first adult applicant, and Ruth Van Fleet was the first juvenile applicant.