Here at the Dearborn Public Library we want your visit to be the best that it can be for you, your students, and our other patrons. Large groups visits do impact the library, or facilities and our patrons. We ask that all groups considering a visit to the library to please read the following and fill in the form below to set up your visit. Also, please use this form to request a librarian visit to your classroom or at your school.
- Visits must be requested at least 3 weeks in advance.
- In an effort to accommodate as many students as possible, classrooms may only schedule 1 visit to a Dearborn Public Library per semester. Visits to classrooms or to schools are handled separately.
- Visits to the Henry Ford Centennial Library are scheduled primarily on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during library hours. On Rare occasions, Mondays or Saturdays may be available. Thursdays and Fridays are reserved for library programs. Bryant and Esper Branches may have other availability. Staffing and space at Bryant and Esper are best suited to smaller groups. Not all programming options may be available at the branches. Visits to classrooms or to schools have more flexibility.
- Visits on the main floor of the Henry Ford Centennial Library are limited to 2 classrooms. Due to space, noise and staffing considerations, visits of more than two classrooms will only be accommodated in the auditorium and will not be able to visit the main floor. The exception to this is if an entire school schedules an open visit on a Saturday. Please contact the Youth Services Supervisor, directly about scheduling an open school visit.
- Food is not allowed in the library. There is no area inside the building for eating lunch or snacks.
- We are unable to issue library cards during a visit unless a parent or guardian is present with their student.
- Scout Troops or other non-school organizations (Head Start group and day cares) please do not use this form. Please contact the Youth Services Supervisor, directly to set up a visit.
- Filling out this form does not guarantee that you visit will be accommodated. Please wait for a confirmation email before sending to any information to your students. Confirmation may take up to 1 week.